Don Dietz - Private Guided Tours
Pathways Customized Tours....
Cliff Dwellings and Indian Pueblos
- Drive though the tribal lands where the Tewa people are famous for their black pottery. Learn about Indian and Spanish history, the fascinating volcanic geology and how the atomic age began in this rugged mesa and canyon country. Visit the ancient Anasazi cliff dwellings at Bandelier National Monument and picnic beside a canyon stream. Optional visit to the science museum at the Los Alamos National Laboratory. (5-6 hours)
- View the varied terrains along the scenic high road stopping at Chimayo to see the weavers and the church with the healing earth. Continue thought the Sangre de Cristo foothills to Taos and learn how this eclectic art colony began. We will see the multistory Taos Pueblo, the dramatic Gorge Bridge and the Millicent Rogers Museum. Return along the rushing Rio Grande River (8-9 hours)
- "I cannot say enough about our guide, Mr. Don Dietz.
There was nothing that was impossible for him when asked. When I travel again
I hope it is my good fortune to be with a guide as willing and as knowing."
- Pearl O. Green
- Carmichael, CA
Georgia O'Keeffe Country
- Explore the red rock landscapes of Abiquiu and Ghost Ranch and let the vivid colors inspire you as they did O'Keeffe. We will see penitente chapels and bones of early dinosaurs. (5-6 hours).
- Hike to scenic overlooks, mountain lakes and waterfalls. Discover Anasazi sites at Chaco Canyon or Mesa Verde. Ride the coal fired Cumbres and Toltec Railroad. Artists studio and shopping tours can also be arranged.
- "Teaching and being personally helpful to elderly persons is indeed a difficult task.
Your performance in this regard has been superb. Please accept our sincere
thanks in making our visit to New Mexico a delightful and unforgettable one."
- Marian & Tom Calogero
- Margate, FL
Downtown Walking Tour
- Take a leisurely stroll through 400 years of history around the historic Santa Fe Plaza. Learn how the two unique styles of architecture developed. See the miraculous stairway in the Loretto Chapel, the City's history in the doors of the Cathedral and the route of the Santa Fe Trail. Your experienced guide will point out interesting shops, galleries and restaurants as well as other features many visitors miss. (2 hours)
- Includes the walking tour plus a drive up Canyon Road with its diverse art galleries. Stop at the internationally acclaimed Folk Art Museum, the Shidoni Bronze Foundry, the Cristo Rey Church or a Santa Fe style home under construction. (3 hours)
- "Your knowledge of New Mexico - its art and culture and your delight in sharing it
with us, was no small measure in making our trip the success it was."
- Rena & Nathan Kleinhandler
- New York, NY
[ Don Dietz | Pathways Customized Tours | Rates and Policies ]
[ New Mexico Guides Association | Travel & Lodging | Home Page | Table of Contents ]
Copyright © 1996 by Santa Fe Online, Inc. Comments on this page? firstname.lastname@example.org